Thursday 18 June 2009

Battle of Valladolid - January 2008

This battle was fought on 25 January 2008. It was another of our weekly club games, and was part of a campaign. This game was set in Spain in 1813. Wellington has started his push to drive the French out of Spain. He is approaching Valladolid when he is met by the French who have marched from Burgos.

By now our LFS rules were suffering from being tested each week. They are not designed for my numbers and types of figures, and are best suited for games up to corps size. I had adapted them, and that always leads to more problems than it solves. I was coming to the conclusion that I would have to start work on a new set, designed for what I have and what I want to do.


This photo is sent out before the game, together with an order of battle and game objectives, so that players can plan their game before they arrive to play. The British will enter from the left, the French from the right. There are nine scenic squares on the table and the player who controls the most at the end of 12 moves will win the game.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I have asked to be notified before comments appear so that I will not miss them.